March 15, 2011

Momocon 2011

Urg, I really need to change the layout of this blog (I don't like it at all). But anyway, I attended Momocon last weekend (and both days!).

Saturday-
The first day I decided I would just go through the dealer's room and Artist Alley and possibly go to some panels. I got there around 2:30 and they didn't need my I.D. at registry (luckily). Oh, I went in Yamanba makeup (like I did for AWA '10) and was surprised some people wanted to take my photo. Anyway, here are some pictures.
At AWA the stickers on my face kept falling off because of me sweating, so this time I put tacky glue on them.

I had my sister take a picture of me with the colorful Jolly Rancher popsicle I had.

I headed over to the Artist Alley (I usually like to head over there first) and got quite a few things.



 The 2-way brooch and glitter ring I bought from the same person, but I can't remember her shop URL (I'll probably put it up later).

Stickers and things I got in the AA (Panty sticker, Lady Gaga mini print, Batman art card, Inception stickers, Sailor Moon stickers, Professor Layton sticker)

I headed outside to Moes because I was hungry and my friend Elizabeth needed to meet her dad. We couldn't find my other friend Jeff, so I said bye to Elizabeth and me and my sister Simone decided we would stay until about 7:30. Jeff met us about 15 mins after Elizabeth had left, but he was with friends so we told him to go off with them then meet us at about 7:15. Me and Simone ate and headed to the Dealer's Room.

Sailor Mercury plush I bought (usually, I don't like buying plushes since they tend to be ridicoulusly expensive, but the dealer gave me $2 off so it was $10, and I love Sailor Mercury so much)

The other thing I got that day was a 'Super Lucky Japanese Grab Bag'. Which, as you can see, had a fan, a small bento box, chopsticks, and stress balls(?)

We all met up at Moes, yelling 'tittaes' and 'DUH, winning' on the way. I would only do that at a con. Alot of the Atlanta 'night life' was coming out, and some people were confused as to what was going on. We got picked up by mi madre and went home.

Sunday-

Sunday, me and my mom were sleeping in a little late but then realized the time change had occured. I got ready in a fairy kei coordinate (I did not take any pictures though :'( ) and was worried I wouldn't make it on time for the Japanese Street Fashion panel (that's the main reason I wanted to go Sunday). We picked up Jeff and got caught in traffic and I started to get antsy (is that the spelling???). Luckily, I got the the registration table about 15 mins before the panel started. I had to register again since I forgot my badge at home, and this time they DID need an I.D. (I'm over 16, I just have no form of idenification proving it, my mom had to make a copy of my birth certificate for Sat. incase they did need an I.D.). I asked a guy behing me (who was a father) if he would sign for me. He was really nice and did so I got my badge and went to the panel. I could tell Jeff wanted to go off, but he didn't have a cellphone and couldn't get a hold of his friend. Luckily, while we were waiting outside the panel room, one of his friends came up and they went off. I got into the panel and took a few pictures.

This is really the only decent one.

Oh, but I got one of this really cute girl in Kodona (?) Lolita outside of the panel room.

Luckily, she didn't notice me, because alot of people seem to when I try to sneakily take a picture.

Sadly, my camera ran out of battery right before the panel officially started. I got some batteries afterward but was dissapointed I didn't have any pictured from the panel. I headed to the Para Para panel afterwards and got through 2 dances before I had to leave due to sweatiness. I saw SerePuff Saturday and said hi, then saw her at the JSF panel (where she was a model for fairy kei, so cute :)!) and at the Para Para panel. Where I took this totally non-stalker picture of her.


I headed back to the Dealer's Room to get a Tsumugi figure I wanted in Sat.
And I bought I mini comic from Gina Biggs about one of the side characters from her graphic novel Red String.
After that, I waited for my mom with Jeff and was starving. Luckily, Jeff was nice and paid for my lunch since I had no money left (thank you!!!!!!). Here is he, with an edited face.

That's the place I ate at. It was delicious. Since I have no outfit post, you get my lower body at an odd angle. 

I also got some buttons from the AA, so here they are on my bag. I can't remember any of the artists name at the moment, sorry.


1.Stocking (Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt)
2.Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon)
3.Chibiusa (Sailor Moon)
4.Courage Wold (meme)
5.Panty (Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt)

Now, time for pictures I took of other people.

Fairy Kei/Decora girl


 Guy Misty (who said my makeup was the most decent he had seen all day, but now I feel like he was being sarcastic, why am I so doubtful of myself though?) I think it's weird how he might be the best Misty I've seen. Probably because he has awesome legs, the right hair color, and Misty is pretty flat-chested.

 Tsumugi Kotobuki, I took the picture on the wrong setting, tried to fix it in Paint.NET. I cosplayed as Tsumugi at AWA 09' and everytime I see really awesome ones like this, I'm like 'How did I think I could do this in 2 days?'. I saw another Tsumugi when walking down the stree, but she looked busy so I didn't ask for her picture.



 Pictured - My Tsumugi

All in all it was pretty fun and I hope I can stay longer next year! My next post will probably be a 'big' shopping update or about my school's trip to SCAD. Hope everyone is doing well!

~Sasha


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had so much fun! x3! It was so nice to meet you~ :D Also, the website for the fluffy star is http://prettypoponline.com/ :>!
    The picture of the kodona bear is a friend of mine, she looks so adorable here!
    I totally appreciate that non-stalker picture btw xD! <3

    ReplyDelete